Monday, October 10, 2011

Everyday Miracles

As I began to practice the quieting of my mind and I started to try meditation, I became interested in the idea that we can send out wishes to the universe and be blessed with positive returns.  I am sure many of you have seen the movie The Secret.  It’s pretty much the same idea of creating and energizing what you want and having it manifest in front of you.  Yes, it IS a lot like prayer, I suppose.  

I am sure many people are interested in the idea of making more money (why is it that we are always so focused on money?) Well, they say that you get what you give – it’s the universe’s way of maintaining balance.  If you are interested, try that out. 

Being the nature freak that I am, I started to try out the manifestation method by intentionally and emotionally asking about things relevant to nature.  I fed the request with pure fascination in the beauty of nature.  Here are just a few things I noticed:

·         I asked why I haven’t seen any woodpeckers lately.  I saw one the next day in the backyard.  About  a year later, I was asking about them again since it had been a while since I had seen them, and then 2 showed up that same day.











·         I had a conversation with someone about other birds trying to drink hummingbird food/water.  The next day, a house finch landed on my hummingbird feeder to drink the sugar water.
·         I had a conversation with my in-laws about skunks since they had some visit their place, and about a week later, we were blessed with our first skunk ever!
·         I was asking when the painted buntings would return for the spring, and the next day, there they were! (same story applies to an experience I had about questioning the return of the hummingbirds)
·         It had been many, many years since I had seen a lightning bug.  I was talking about how much I missed them, and that night one of them showed up at my house!
·         It was winter, and I was missing one of my favorite cottontail bunnies in the wild, and I was asking where she was.  She then showed up out of the blue just for a day (first time in months!)
·         It was hot and dry, and we desperately needed rain (last year - although we seem to be in drought every year now!)  There was no rain in the forecast, and I built up so much emotion and desperation in my heart and prayed/asked for rain.  I visualized it, I smelled it, and I welcomed it.  About 20 minutes later, a light, random shower came out of nowhere and blessed our house.  My husband was really freaked out!
·         I was reading about cloud-busting, and I gave it a try.  Works like a charm!

These are just a few examples of my personal experiences in “manifestation”.  I know I am silly for focusing on such trivial things, but for some reason they seem to mean the world to me.  You should give it a try for yourself and energize/visualize whatever you have interest in bringing into your life (try to keep it positive because manifestation can ALSO be driven by negative, fearful thoughts/ideas/feelings so be careful what you wish for!)  It also helps to embody the feeling of unconditional love.

Once you experiment for yourself, try to broaden your requests to include your children, your family, your community, your city, your state, your town, your country, your continent, your world, your planet, your universe – you get the idea!  Share the love!





As you calm and train your mind more and more and you begin to consciously invite into your life what you want, you begin to experience new levels of being.  I was now ready to graduate to the next level.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment